Young Carer Program at Carers NSW
The Young Carer Program at Carers NSW is a free, state-wide service for young carers, 25 years or under.
What do we do?
The Carers NSW Young Carer Program was developed to make a positive difference to the lives of young carers and their families. If you are a young carer, this is a free service that can support you! The Young Carer Program supports and connects young carers through:
- Information and referrals – Get linked in with practical supports that meet your needs such as other services, programs and more!
- Newsletters – Stay informed about our Young Carer Program and available supports by subscribing to our monthly YC e-News.
- Connecting you with other Carers NSW Programs – Enquire with the Young Carer team about other supports currently available.
- Emotional support – The Young Carer team is available to listen, offer support or chat.
- Young Carer Awareness Workshops – Help us raise awareness of young carers in schools, universities and organisations.
How do I connect with the Carers NSW Young Carer Program?
Do you help to support a family member or friend who has a disability, mental illness, drug or alcohol dependency, chronic condition, terminal illness or who is frail? Are you 25 years or under and living in NSW? If so, you may be eligible to register for the Carers NSW Young Carer Program!
If you are a professional wishing to refer a young carer, you can complete a Young Carer Program referral form. Please ensure that you have consent from the young person and/or their parent or guardian to conduct a guided referral. If you do not have consent, you can call us to discuss the situation and see how we can assist.
To stay up to date on everything young carer related, sign up to our monthly YC e-News.