Resources for young carers
The following young carer resources are available for download below and via the Carers NSW Carer resources page.
Young Carer Inclusion Network
The Young Carer Inclusion Network is a Carers NSW initiative that brings together service providers and professionals engaging with young people in NSW. The Network aims to improve the identification and support of young carers through identifying gaps, building sector capacity, and streamlining access to support for young carers in mainstream service settings.
The Network also invites young carers over the age of 16 who would like an opportunity to share their own experiences and contribute to discussions about young carer supports in mainstream services.
For more information about the Young Carer Inclusion Network and how to participate, download the relevant flyer below.
A new podcast series from the Carers NSW Young Carer team.
This podcast aims to raise awareness of young carers across New South Wales. Each episode will feature different guest speakers, including young carers, to bring lived experience and insights to the conversation. It will help plant the seed with listeners about some of the needs and experiences of young carers, as well as opportunities for communities to support young carers to help them achieve their highest potential.
Listen below, or search for ‘YC Bytes’ in your favourite podcast app.
- Preparing for self-isolation: A resource for young carers – Information to help young carers prepare for self-isolation during COVID-19
- Am I A Young Carer? – A fact sheet to help young people identify if they are young carer
- Self-Care Tips For Young Carers – A fact sheet containing tips and tricks around self-care
- Speaking With My Teachers – A fact sheet to help young carers have a conversation with their teacher about their caring role
- Support A Friend – A fact sheet for young people who have a friend who is a young carer
If you would like to chat about any of the resources above, please call Carers NSW.