Carers NSW vision is for an Australia that values and supports all carers, and our goals are to:
- Be a leading carer organisation in which carers have confidence
- Actively promote carer recognition and support
- Actively support carers to navigate a changing service landscape that will be characterised by ongoing policy reform
- Promote connected community experiences and opportunities for carers that are inclusive of diverse carer groups
- Lead and advocate for carer-specific and carer-inclusive policy making, research and service delivery
- Continue to be a quality-driven, responsive and carer-focused organisation.
The key Strategic Pillars in the Plan for 2018-2021 focus on advice, capacity building and awareness, with the Strategic Actions of being collaborative and responsive.
The Plan was developed with input from a range of stakeholders including carers from across NSW, Carers NSW Board and staff, representatives of funding bodies, and partner non-government organisations.
Carers NSW is a not-for-profit registered charity and company limited by guarantee. It is governed by a Board of Directors in accordance with the Corporations Act 2001 and the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission Act 2012.
Carers NSW receives funding from a range of sources including the NSW Department of Communities and Justice and the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
The organisation is based in Sydney, and has a number of regional offices, and provides supports to carers across NSW.