Committees and advisory groups
Carers NSW leads and participates in many formal committees and advisory groups to raise awareness about carers and advocate for better outcomes for carers.
Carers NSW working groups
Carers NSW currently runs four working groups:
- Strategic Carers Action Network (SCAN): A forum for non-government organisations and government agencies to collectively identify and address carer related issues across NSW. SCAN has six monthly meetings focusing on topics of mutual interest and ongoing email correspondence out of session.
Express your interest in joining SCAN by phoning Carers NSW or emailing email@example.com
- Carer Rights & Complaints Network (CRCN): A working group established in partnership with the NSW Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) under the NSW Carers Strategy: Caring in NSW 2020 – 2030 in order to address an identified need for greater awareness among carers, service providers, peak bodies and complaints agencies of carer rights and associated complaints pathways.
- Carer Respite Alliance (CRA): A working group made up of peak organisations, service providers and university researchers with a focus on understanding and advocating for evidence based respite services in NSW.
- Carer finances working group: A newly established working group made up of organisations, companies and government agencies with an interest in understanding and addressing financial hardship among carers through improved financial literacy.
For more information about any of these working groups, or to express your interest about joining a working group, please phone Carers NSW or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
External committees and advisory groups
Carers NSW participates in many working groups, steering committees and advisory groups run by government departments and agencies, other non-government organisations and researchers, including:
- NSW Carers Ministerial Advisory Council
- National Policy Advisory Group (NPAG), National Carer Network
- NSW Health Disability Inclusion Action Plan Steering Committee
- NSW Health End of Life Implementation Advisory Committee (EOLIAC)
- NSW Health Intellectual Disability Health Teams Advisory Committee
- South East Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) Implementation Committee for the Disability and Carers Plans
- South East Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) Diverse Carers Network Meeting
- South East Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) Research Steering Committee Meeting: Carer Information Needs and Technology Preferences
- Sydney Local Health District (SLHD) Carer Committee
- NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI) Neurodegenerative and Neuromuscular Conditions Governance Group
- NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI) NDIS Clinical Advisory Group
- TAFE NSW Upskilling Carers Advisory Group
- Transport for NSW Accessible Transport Advisory Committee
- Justice NSW Victims of Crime Interagency
- Australian Aged Care Quality Agency NSW Agency Liaison Group
- Federal Department of Health Aged Care Liaison Group
- Central and Eastern Sydney Primary Health Network (CESPHN) Disability Network
- University of Technology, Sydney (UTS), Institute for Public Policy and Governance (IPPG) Centre for Carers Research: Research Working Committee
- University of South Australia (UniSA) Carers in the Balance Advisory Group
- NSW Council of Social Service (NCOSS) Health Equity Alliance
- NSW Council of Social Service (NCOSS) NGO Research Forum
- Council of the Ageing (COTA) NSW Ageing Alliance
- Aged and Community Services Australia (ACSA) NSW Community Care Forum
- ACON LGBTI Metro NSW Interagency
- Nurses and Midwives’ Association – NSW Branch Aged Care Roundtable
- Ethnic Communities’ Council of NSW 'Our Journey' - creating pathways to build a safer, stronger, resilient and connected community for CALD people with disabilities
- Mental Health Carers NSW (MHCN) Peak Advisory Committee
- Everymind Carers Online Project Steering Group
- ARC Linkage Project Disaster Risk Management Practices that Leave Nobody Behind Partners
- National Disability Practitioners Disability Workforce Education Reference Group (NSW)
- City of Sydney and Eastern Sydney Abuse of Older People Collaborative
- Sydney Local Health District Children & Family CALD Disability Working Group
- Joint Outreach Initiatives Network (JOIN)
- South Eastern Sydney Local Health District Aboriginal Carers Research Project Advisory Group
- NSW Ministry of Health COVID-19 Disability Community of Practice
- LGBTQ and PLHIV Palliative Care and End of Life Planning Needs Steering Committee
- Project advisory group to develop an interactive mental health service pathway web-tool for people with intellectual disability
For more information about any of these groups, or to invite a Carers NSW staff member or Carer Representative to participate, please phone Carers NSW or email email@example.com.