In recognition of International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia & Transphobia (IDAHOBIT), Carers NSW is pleased to launch a series of resources developed to support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex (LGBTQI+) carers.
We recognise that LGBTQI+ carers often remain hidden and tend to experience poorer health and wellbeing outcomes than other carers. Inclusive and tailored information and support is therefore critical in improving outcomes for all carers in NSW.
The following fact sheets are now available for download from the Carers NSW website, along with links to other useful resources and services:
- Are you sexuality or gender diverse and caring for someone?
- Common experiences of sexuality and gender diverse carers
- Aged care experiences for sexuality and gender diverse carers
- Sexuality and gender diverse young carers: Part 1
- Sexuality and gender diverse young carers: Part 2
- Referral information for sexuality and gender diverse carers
- Information for service providers
You can view these resources at: https://www.carersnsw.org.au/about-caring/who-are-carers/diverse-carers/information-for-lgbtqi-carers.