Grants to celebrate National Carers Week 2021
Thanks to funding from the NSW Department of Communities and Justice, Carers NSW is once again offering grants to organisations and carer support groups to run events or activities, either online or in person to support and celebrate carers across NSW as part of National Carers Week. This year, National Carers Week will be held from 10-16 October 2021.
Grants of up to $300 are available to help carer support groups and organisations across New South Wales put on an activity or event, online or in person, to acknowledge family and friend carers in their local community.
Grant recipients must ensure their events and activities comply with the COVID-19 health regulations and guidelines in place at the time. Please check the NSW Government website at www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19 for the most recent information on COVID-19 restrictions.
If you apply for a grant on behalf of a group or organisation that does not have an ABN you are required to submit a Statement by a Supplier Form and a Donation Application Form. Both forms are available for download below.
Grant application window
Grant applications will open from Monday, 12 April 2021.
Grant Applications close 5:00pm Monday 14, June 2021. All applications must be received by this deadline.
How to apply for a grant
Applications are submitted via an online application form (available from 12 April 2021).
If you have any issues submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
If you do not have access to the internet during the grant application window, you can request an application form to be sent to you via mail by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The event or activity must have COVID safe measures in place and run in accordance with COVID-19 health regulations and guidelines in place at the time.
- Ideally the event or activity should be held during or close to National Carers Week (10 – 16 October 2021), however due to COVID-19, to allow flexibility, events may be run at a later date if necessary, with the funding to be spent by December 2021.
- Organisations/individuals can apply for grants for up to 10 different carer support groups.
- The grant cannot be used for regular activities that would occur anyway.
All grant recipients must ensure:
- no more than 20 people attend events (unless NSW Health reduces gathering sizes below 20 people)
- all attendees maintain a physical distance of 1.5 metres from each other
- indoor events adhere to the 1 person per 4 square metres rule. Consider holding your event outdoors if possible to better assist with social distancing.
- a COVID-19 safety plan is in place, with a QR code check-in
- anyone who is unwell, has COVID-19 symptoms, or has recently been in a COVID-19 hotspot does not attend your event
- the event organiser has accurate names and contact details of all people attending the event or activity
- hand sanitiser is available at your event or activity.
For more information about COVID-19 rules, requirements and safety plans visit the NSW Government website at https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
When will I find out if my application has been successful?
You will be notified via email by the end of July 2021 if your application has been successful. For successful applicants, your grant will be awarded by cheque which will be issued in August 2021.
We look forward to receiving applications from all over NSW and hearing about the great opportunities that will be available to celebrate and support carers in their local communities across NSW.
Proudly funded by