This 6 week interactive, online course helps carers to build their practical skills, knowledge and confidence in caring for an older person.
The sessions will focus on:
- Week 1: The different approaches to caring, communication techniques
- Week 2: Access to services and supports, planning ahead, financial support
- Week 3: Strategies to take care of your own health and wellbeing
- Week 4: Techniques to assist with daily activities like showering, eating, transport
- Week 5: Moving someone safely, including common transfers and instructional videos
- Week 6: Strategies to assist with health care tasks like emergencies, medications, falls, palliative care and life after caring.
At the end of each week participants will receive an electronic copy of the booklet and a link to the website page.
You will require access to a computer with speakers (a microphone and video camera are a bonus). Training is delivered using the Zoom platform. Carers NSW will send you instructions about how you can join the session on confirmation of your registration.
The duration of this course is 6 weeks, with carers welcome to attend a 2 hour workshop every week, or select which weeks are of interest to them.
6 week online course. Course starts 4 November 2021. Join us each Thursday from 10.30am - 12.30pm.
To find out more email email@example.com