Our vision is an Australia that values and supports all carers.
Our goals are to:
- be a leading carer organisation in which carers have confidence
- actively promote carer recognition and support
- actively support carers to navigate a changing service landscape that will be characterised by ongoing policy reform
- promote connected community experiences and opportunities for carers that are inclusive of diverse carer groups
- lead and advocate for carer-specific and carer-inclusive policy making, research and service delivery
- continue to be a quality-driven, responsive and carer-focused organisation.
More information about how we plan to achieve our vision and goals can be found in the Carers NSW Strategic Plan 2018-2021.
Carers NSW lives its key values which are central to achieving its vision and goals to support all carers.
- Carers are at the centre of all that we do
- Actively listen to and involve carers in all our activities
- Act with empathy and aim to improve carers’ wellbeing
- Support carers’ rights to make their own choices and direct their own lives
Open and Inclusive
- Advocate for and practise fairness and equity
- Recognise the diversity of carers and the need to be responsive to differences in their caring responsibilities, circumstances and cultural backgrounds
- Value forward thinking, innovation and new ways of working
- Encourage collaborations and partnerships that provide solutions
- Adopt open communication
- Treat all people with respect
- Value all contribution and work to maximise opportunities for carers and for our staff
- Aim for quality in all our endeavours
- Be honest, ethical and communicate with integrity
- Maintain governance processes to uphold professional standing