What personal information do we collect during the recruitment process?
Carers NSW collects personal information that you directly provide to us, including the information contained in your application or during the recruitment process, for example, your contact details (such as your name, telephone number and email address) and information about your qualifications and experience (such as the information included in your application and resume). We may also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as recruitment agencies or your references.
During the recruitment process, we may also collect sensitive personal information about you to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for. For example, we may collect:
- records of criminal convictions in order to perform security background checks and clearance for working with children if you are successful with your application;
- vaccination status;
- information about your age, gender, languages spoken, or whether you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in order to understand our organisational composition to support Carers NSW in becoming a more diverse and inclusive workplace. This information can be provided voluntarily with consent for us to collect this information.
If we cannot collect your personal information relevant to your application, unfortunately we will not be able to assess your application. If you provide personal information to us about another person, you should have their prior consent to do so.
In completing your application, you consent and agree to the provision, collection, storage and use of your personal information in accordance with this privacy collection statement and warrant that all information provided is correct, accurate, and not misleading or deceptive.
How do we collect your personal information during the recruitment process?
In most cases, we collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as recruitment agencies, referees, online recruitment, and talent marketplace platforms or service providers that conduct pre-employment screening and assessment during the recruitment process.
How do we use your personal information during the recruitment process?
The personal information we collect will only be used for the purpose of recruitment and assessing your suitability for employment or engagement. These purposes include:
- Contacting you about your application and conducting interviews;
- Assessing your suitability to progress through the stages of the recruitment process;
- Identity verification, police checks and working with children clearance;
- Personal and professional reference checks with third parties (with your consent);
- Storing your information for future job opportunities; and
contacting you regarding your current application, or about other suitable job opportunities in the future.
Who do we provide your personal information to during the recruitment process?
Your personal information (including sensitive information) will be accessible to employees of Carers NSW who are involved in the recruitment process, and may be shared with third parties as part of the recruitment process, including:
- Your referees (or the organisations they represent);
- Third party service providers who supply services to Carers NSW to manage your online application or conduct criminal checks, interviews and assessments, reference checks, or other pre-employment tests or screening processes;
- Law enforcement agencies and/ or the Office of the Children’s Guardian to verify whether you have a criminal record and clearance for working with Children;
- Educational or vocational organisations to verify your qualifications; or
- Our related entities such as service providers you may be working with.
These third parties may collect, hold, use, and disclose personal information in the provision of recruitment services to Carers NSW, but are also bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations.
How do we manage your personal information during the recruitment process?